Sunday, December 4, 2011

What They're Having

Today was my friend Cynthia Moxley's annual cookie exchange party--always a fun time but a little bit of an anxious time for me. I love to cook but hate to bake. Everyone else brings great cookies; mine are not so good. 

The most fun for me today was making brunch for Bill and Alan to enjoy while they watched football and stayed away from the cookie party.

I made chocolate chip muffins.




Oops. Forgot to take a photo of the cheese grits. Trust me--they were good. But here's the smoked corn salad.



 
And the zucchini pie.



Here's the recipe for the zucchini pie. It's great. 

Zucchini Pie

1 ½ lbs. zucchini, grated and drained
1 medium onion, chopped fine
½ lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
¼ lb. swiss cheese, grated
4 eggs, beaten
½ c. half and half
1 T. flour
¼ tsp. salt
black pepper to taste

Saute onion in butter until golden. Mix cheese with zucchini and onion. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a 9 inch greased pie plate. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until center is set. 

Note: Maybe the cooking time will work for you, but my oven is terrible. I bake it for about an hour and then broil it. 

The draining of the zucchini is a very important step. Zucchini has a lot of water in it. Here's what was in the bowl after I drained mine. Doesn't this look refreshing?


Actually, no. 

Anyway, that's what they were having. 



1 comment:

  1. Gay: I heard rave reviews about the meal from Alan! And your cookies were awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete