Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shrimp Creole

A couple of days ago I developed a craving for Shrimp Creole. So...tonight was the night.

All chopped up and ready to go: scallions, onions, green pepper, and celery.


I don't exactly follow a recipe, but here's one very similar to what I do: Shrimp Creole Recipe from Nola Cuisine. Here are the first few ingredients in the pan. Too bad this isn't a scratch and sniff. It smells heavenly.



It's traditional to serve Shrimp Creole with fluffy white rice, but I didn't have any, so I served it with brown rice.


I wouldn't have chosen apple slaw as the accompaniment, but we had some left over, and it's really good. You can find the recipe on page 30 of the October issue of Knoxville Magazine--a collector's item in case you haven't heard. I add a slice of leftover olive and herb bread.


That's what we're having.

No comments:

Post a Comment